In this edition of our Up Close and Personal series – a blog series aimed at revealing the fun and quirky side of our talented and experienced MultiConnexions team – we interviewed MCX team member Yoma Zhu and learned some fascinating titbits!
1. What is your name, and what do you do at MultiConnexions?
My name is Yoma Zhu and I am MultiConnexions Chinese Social Media & PR Executive.
2. Yoma is an unusual English name. How did you come to have that name? Does it have a special meaning?
I was given the name Yona by my English teacher in kindergarten. But I changed it to Yoma since I found there were another girl named Yona in my primary school. I wanted to be unique!
3. What is your most used emoji?
4. Describe life at MCX with a gif or meme.
5. What’s is one thing we don’t know about you?
I’m a big fan of outdoor sports! I regularly go hiking with my friends on weekends, and Sydney’s beautiful Royal National Park is our first choice of places to go.
6. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
My yoga teacher once said, “Patience is essential to daily life – and might be the key to a happy one.”
I think this wise piece of advice is the reason why I always practice breathing deeply when I find something annoying in life – because I really want to be a happy person!
7. What would be the title of a book written about your life?
Enjoy the Piggy Life (I am born in the Year of the Pig!)
8. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I really can’t decide between hot pot and truffle spaghetti. I love them both.
9. What is your favourite time of the day and why?
The evenings, when I am on the way back home! I enjoy the peace and quiet of me time – especially after a busy day in an advertising agency.
10. Would you rather have more time or have more money? Why?
I’m a typical Cancer so of course I would love to have more time! Although in today’s world money can buy anything, it’s no use to you if you don’t have enough time to enjoy it.
11. Finally, what excites you most about the future of multicultural Australia?
Marketing is always full of creativity, passion and drive – and it’s even better when connecting with different people from different backgrounds!
Experiencing new and exciting cultures is one of the most exciting things about my career at MultiConnexions.